WATER TREATMENT INDUSTRIES
Water treatment is used to optimize and improve most of the water-based industrial processes, such as: heating, cooling, processing, cleaning, and rinsing, so that operating costs and risks are reduced. Poor water treatment lets water interact with the surfaces of pipes and vessels that contain, hold and transport water. Steam boilers can scale or corrode, and these deposits will mean more fuel is needed to heat the same amount of water due to the changes in heat transfer coefficients.
Cooling towers can also scale up and corrode. If left untreated, the warm, dirty water they can contain will encourage bacteria to grow and add up to the problems. In any cases, effluent water from one process might be perfectly suitable for reuse in another process somewhere else on the site if treated properly before use. With the proper treatment, a significant proportion of industrial on-site wastewater might be reusable.
In fact, the current trend in the industry is to have zero discharge systems. This can save money in three ways:
- Lower charges for lower water consumption
- Lower charges for smaller or almost nil volume of effluent water discharged
- Lower energy costs due to the recovery of heat in recycled wastewater
Ascension Technologies Inc has got excellent specially formulated chemicals to help the industry in treating their water to face all the above challenges. Our state of the art chemicals and value added services can help the industries to improve on their profitability, reliability and sustainability while tackling all types of problems and challenges on the water treatment front.
Ascension Technologies Products developed for the water industry:
- AquaLuxus® WC (Improves well performance, reduces corrosion, cleans the near well bore, reduces or eliminates down hole sludge)
- MetalShield (Proven to bond to metal surfaces reducing or mitigating corrosion on various metals including well derricks & rigs)